Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Treasury Operations Accountant
at Webster Bank
132 Grand Street-NH513
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Under general supervision, the Treasury Fixed Income and Derivative Accountant will support the Treasury front office business lines for Fixed Income and Derivative products by providing operational and accounting support. General responsibilities include trade settlement, accounting and reporting for all Treasury products in a controlled and highly regulated environment.
- Confirmation, settlement and regulatory reporting related to daily trade activity in various products including fixed income and derivative products.
- Handling daily trade activity, trade exceptions and settlement issues using various settlement systems including Bank of New York, CFTC approved clearing facilities; FED wire/securities transfer systems.
- Reconcilement of general ledger accounts to sub system with thorough and timely resolution of exception items.
- Position reconcilements with prime brokers and counterparties.
- Serving as liaison with front office on all operational issues, including ad-hoc requests.
- Regular interaction with various internal departments to assure that trading and settlements are smooth and done in accordance with internal standards and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Regular interaction with third party vendors to manage reference data and reporting requirements.
- Active participation in project management as required.
- Management reporting as required.
- Responsible for following established guidelines and identifying and resolving problems
Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
Two (2) to Four (4) years of Accounting or Operations experience is a plus.
Experience in Treasury, Securities Operations, or Treasury Accounting/Operations a plus.
Knowledge of financial products and systems including fixed income securities, derivatives, foreign exchange, FedWire for Securities, cash management clearing systems.