Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Accountant Financial Reporting
at Webster Bank
132 Grand Street-NH513
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Prepare, review, and file SEC documents (10-Qs, 10-Ks, other SEC filings, etc.). Evaluates the impacts of new and proposed FASB and other accounting pronouncements. Provide accounting guidance in conjunction with the development of new products and complex business transactions.
- Prepare and review complex financial statements and related disclosures for the quarterly and annual financial filings with SEC; provide audit documentation to the external auditors, and review XBRL data to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Coordinate the preparation of the financial statements and annual audit for the Company's 401K and Defined Benefits Pension Plan.
- Provide technical support to finance, accounting, and bank operations teams throughout the Company on the treatment of accounting issues in compliance with U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements, including the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Research and analyze proposed and/or completed transactions; author technical accounting memorandums in support of those transactions.
- Participate in SOX compliance efforts in relation to internal financial controls
- Assist in special projects, such as due diligence for acquisition targets, integration of subsidiaries post acquisition, debt issuance, agreed upon procedures, etc.
- Bachelor degree in accounting required, CPA preferred.
- 4 to 6 years of accounting experience with a strong understanding of U.S. GAAP.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, coordinate the efforts of others and work well with people at a wide range of levels.
- Strong attention to detail and sense of ownership.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.