Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Webster Bank
145 Bank Street-NH501
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first -- doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first -- working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
As an intern at Webster Bank, you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with Webster bankers to gain valuable experience, knowledge and skills. Every internship opportunity is structured to provide you with a meaningful experience and broad exposure to our lines of business and corporate functions.
The intern will be responsible for assisting in-house Webster Legal Department with a wide range of activities some of which may include:
- Reviewing various contract documents and account disclosures, leases, amendments, licensing documents
- Legal research -- review of applicable regulations, writing, citing references
- Analyzing legal issues in the context of emerging technologies, changing regulations and/or societal norms, corporate governance, and public counterparties
- Assist with other matters as assigned by General Counsel and/or Deputy General Counsel
Education, Experience and Job Skills:
- Current law student; 1L or 2L
- Interest in commercial & corporate law, familiarity with banking/financial services industry
- Resourceful, motivated, enthusiastic and proactive
- Highly organized
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Able to conduct on-line legal research (outside of Lexis and West Law)
- Strong communication skills