Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Area Clinical Director (Licensed Pharmacist)
The Area Clinical Director is responsible for the on-going support, audit, training, and compliance of field clinical services provided in accordance with the policies and procedures of state professional standards, and all health care regulating entity requirements. The Area Clinical Director maintains a cohesive relationship with the local office leadership, the other area leaders, and corporate clinical to maximize the effectiveness of the area’s clinical departments. The incumbent for this role will be supporting the following states: CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY and RI and should reside in one of the listed states accordingly.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Works closely with clinical managers to ensure clinical competence, compliance with policy, staff productivity and cost efficiency.
- Pharmacy Area Clinical Directors will work to ensure that all facilities are USP 797 compliant.
- Ensure the Area offices are in compliance with local and federal regulations, accreditation standards, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Assists the General Manager in training new Clinical Managers and staff clinicians. Ensures all new managers and clinicians complete the full training program.
- Ensures compliance with and monitors clinical key indicators such as PI Meeting Minutes, QAR reports, patient satisfaction, clinical competence, chart audits, and performance improvement activities.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of patient care, including, when appropriate, in home evaluations of field staff.
- Provide support in the areas of therapeutics, professional practice, policy interpretation, clinical procedures, accreditation issues, and any other aspect related to the provision of patient care.
- Identifies the need, develops, implements and evaluates continuing education, orientation and in-service education programs.
- Provide clinical operations support to Option Care locations.
- Support new product, therapy, and service program identification, development, and roll-out.
- Knowledgeable of the scope of services that we can provide and assists in assessing and managing difficult cases.
- Actively promote the role and responsibilities of the clinician in the network, assist with clinical research and publication opportunities.
- Responsible for adhering to the legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary information.
- Bachelor’s degree and extensive knowledge in the health care arena. Requires in-depth knowledge of the industry and functional area and has the ability to use expertise to develop strategic plans.
- Required licensure as an RPh as granted by the appropriate state licensing authority.
- Knowledge of State, Federal, local, JCAHO, ACHC, and OSHA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated competence in clinical procedures and clinical documentation systems.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, and training staff.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to various audiences (work group, team, company management, prospective acquisitions, external clients).
- Experience in planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating clinical programs that will meet the needs of the community served.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience in managing teams across business units.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Willing to travel up to 70% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state). #LI-POST
- Master’s degree /MBA.
- Licensure as an RPh in multiple states as granted by the appropriate licensing authority.
- Experience in performance improvement techniques.
- Experience with ACHC home care accreditation within the last year.