Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at STV Incorporated
STV’s Transportation and Infrastructure Group in Newark, NJ (Northern, NJ) is seeking an experienced Resident Engineer for two (2) long term $150M - $1B bridge and rail reconstruction projects. These individuals should be well versed in bridge, rail and deep foundation construction, be capable of managing a 10+ CM/CI staff, possess excellent communication, computer, and writing skills and be experienced with CPM Scheduling. Responsibilities will include: providing quality control, staff supervision, and contract administration; managing sub-consultants and maintaining a high level of safety awareness; and managing project costs, change orders and scheduling. They will act as the main point of contact during construction, manage NJ Transit and Amtrak Force Account, and implement the Project Work Plan, Health & Safety Plan, Quality Control Plan and other documents.
Minimum Required Skills & Relevant Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil, Structural Engineering or Construction Management
- 8+ years as Resident Engineer/CM experience on projects $25M or greater
- Experience on long span bridges, deep foundation, and rail projects
- Licensed professional engineer in New Jersey, or ability to obtain within 4 months
- NICET 4 with 12+ years of experience on projects $40M or greater
- Possess combination of NJ Transit, NJ Turnpike, NJDOT and PANYNJ experience
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Construction management software experience (CapEx, Site Manager, Buzzsaw, etc.)
- Railroad track, systems and catenary experience a plus.
- Have combination of NJSAT, ACI, ACI CCTC and Rutgers TCC and rail safety certifications
- OSHA 30 required or ability to obtain
Preferred Skills & Relevant Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Civil, Structural Engineering or Construction Management
- 12+ years of Resident Engineer/CM experience on projects $50M or greater
- Railroad track, systems and catenary experience.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.